Wifiaudio Support and Links to Download PC application Jan 9, 2021 11:58:22 GMT
Post by Microdigit on Jan 9, 2021 11:58:22 GMT
WiFiAudio Server for Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 and Windows 10
Download Link for Windows Server
[Note few browsers blocks downloading of "zip" file, if you faced this issue then download the file from link mentioned below and change the extension from "png" to zip]
WiFiAudio Server for Linux 64bit
Download Link for Linux
After download execute chmod +x wifiaudio_linux command to add executable permission
How to use
With this Android application you can use your Android device as a wireless speaker.
New Features in
Windows Server :-
1) Auto start at bootup
2) Auto discover mobile device (Needs firewall exception for port 32000 in Windows Firewall)
3) Remember last used IP address and auto start audio transmission if IP address is stored.
Linux Server :-
1) Auto discover mobile device
2) Movie mode for very low latency audio.
How it works:
Download Windows or Linux executable on your machine depending on the OS
a) Run WiFi Audio Android App and Press start, you will see IP address of mobile device in the bottom
after that run Windows/Linux application and put mobile device's IP address in the IP address field and then press start on PC application. Now all audio coming out from PC will be send to mobile device and you will hear audio on mobile device.
b) This version also supports auto-discover function it will work in following conditions
1) Users has to allow incoming packets from port 32000 on the PC, For Windows user has to add exception for either application executable or for the port 32000. On Linux following command will add exception for port 32000
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 32000 -j ACCEPT or users can use firewalld to add exception permanently.
(Note: to run iptables command root permission is required on Linux)
Windows Vista or above
Linux PC with Pulse Audio (64bit version only)